Mom: Yearbook Pusher

From Jake:
My mom's a master of passive aggressive persuasion...

Subject: 2009 Yearbook
From: Mom
Date: Tue, Jan 20, 2009

In case you are interested: McGrath Studios will be on campus on Thursday, Feb 12th. Sign up on line at www.mcgrathstudios.com. Your password is "EC". There is a $5.00 sitting fee. This is the last time for 2009.

I don't know if you are interested but perhaps you should look into the price of the yearbook and the price of the portraits. Of course, you can take the picture for the yearbook and not be obligated to buy the photos... I'll leave it up to you. Let me know what you think.

From:Jake
Date: Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:25 PM
To: Mom

Mom,

I have pretty many pictures of all my friends, and there are a lot of dumb people at this school that I'd never like to see again, so, I think I'll do without the yearbook.

I also can't fathom handing Emerson one more cent for ANYTHING in life. So...

Thanks for e-mailing, but I think I'll decline.

Have a good day!
Jake

----------
From: Mom
Date: Tue, Jan 20, 2009
To: Jake

OK, I just wanted to deliver the message to you.

From: Jake
Date: Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:45 PM
To: Mom

Gotcha. Thanks!
Jake

----------

(he's done and she keeps going)...

From: Mom
Date: Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:01 PM
To: Jake


I understand and respect your decision, but you might want to take the picture and get yourself into the yearbook to at least feel some satisfaction to being included in the group of elites who will also be graduating. You might want to show this off to your children one day as they may want to become Emersonians also.

Also, I would like for you to be in the yearbook even if we don't purchase.

Mom